with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
- At the time, a Xiaomi spokesperson had revealed that the company had managed to sell over one million Redmi Note 8 series devices within a month of its launch in the country.
- This is exactly what happened with Samsung’s 2017 flagships.
- Although the ROM is fairly usable, the list of caveats is significantly long at this stage.
- Compared with Other ROMs, Lineage OS always will receive regular OTA patch updates.
Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device. It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working. Factory images come directly from the device manufacturers, and many don’t release them. Google and Motorola are among the major companies that do. It’s normally possible to get factory images from Samsung and LG, but you may need to download them from third-party sites. There are benefits of going from a custom ROM to a stock ROM, too.
You can also watch video reviews, leave a review of your own, take a look at the prices and buy the device of your choosing. Xiaomi always releases a bunch of mobiles in the same series with slight modifications. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Note 8T are the same with slight RAM and stock ROM Body dimension changes. Both come with Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 processor and 3-6 GB RAM.
- Samsung’s budget Galaxy A10 was the best selling Android device in 2019, closely followed by the Galaxy A50, Galaxy A20, and the Redmi Note 7.
- After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware.
- It’s hard to guarantee “100% safeness” with this kind of operations, but I designed it to be the most safe as I can get.
- Even the stable Android 10 update package released by Xiaomi can cause a hard brick in some scenarios, which significantly slowed down the pace of third-party development.
- The download file contains the USB driver, Flash Tool and the stock ROM file.
If you want a daily driver with good battery life and performance, then LineageOS is one the best option for you. Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid. If you are looking for more options, and want to try some of the sweet Pixel goodness, you can also try out Pixel Experience ROM based on Android 9.0. Samsung will soon allow remapping of the Bixby button on Galaxy S9/S9+, Note 9, Galaxy S8/S8+, Note 8 running on Android 9 Pie-based One UI. One UI based on Android Pie for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy Note 8 is rolling out on all major US carriers and unlocked models now.